Federal Indictment Letter South Florida
AKA Target Letter
An Indictment is required by the United States Constitution to charge a person with a felony crime.
The Indictment must notify the person of the criminal charges being brought against the person and the maximum amount of imprisonment that the person faces.
The federal prosecutors present only the government’s version of events to the grand jury Hearsay testimony and evidence is admissible before the grand jury.
If the grand jury believes that there is probable cause to believe person committed the crimes charged, then the grand jury returns an indictment against the person fir the charges listed in counts.
What shall we consider if we receive an Indictment Letter?
- Federal criminal process begins with an Indictment
- You are not Guilt of any charge.
- However, Government its working on your case
- You shall immediately contact a Federal Criminal Lawyer
- Provide a Target Letter copy to your Attorney.
- Attorney may already know the Prosecutor behind the Indictment
- This could easy your process. Just because Attorney already know the way Prosecutor act.
- They may discuss about: detention, discovery, plea agreements, trial, and sentencing
Please be aware that Omar F. Guerra Johansson is a highly credentialed Federal Criminal Defense Lawyer, based out of Fort Lauderdale, who graduated from Duke University in 1990. He served four years as a United States Naval Officer during the first Persian Gulf War, graduated cum laude from Tulane Law School, and then clerked for two years for a United States District Court Judge (a prestigious and limited honor). He then served five years as an Assistant Federal Public Defender representing over 500 federal defendants accused of federal crimes, and served as a Prosecutor for the State of Florida prosecuting well over 500 cases. If you are are looking for someone with experience, look no more.
Always representing your interests, the Law Office of Johansson & Lopez will ensure the protection of your legal rights and present your arguments to the court in the upmost professional manner during all proceedings.
15 NE 3 Street,
Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33301